The Animal Sanctuary Lottery terms and conditions
1. Participation in the The Animal Sanctuary Lottery costs £1 per entry per week, which equates to £4.34 per calendar month, £13.02 per quarter or £52.08 per year.
2. Numbers will be allocated by the promoter to each entry.
3. The number(s) allocated to an entry will remain the same for the period of a player’s participation in the Animal Sanctuary Lottery .
4. There are no restrictions to the number of entries one person can make.
5. Players must be aged 16 or over to participate in the Animal Sanctuary Lottery .
6. 25% of the proceeds of the Animal Sanctuary Lottery will be paid out in prize money (prize fund). Please refer to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk for terms. Animal Sanctuary Lottery promotes socially responsible gambling and will put self-exclusion into place if required by a supporter.
7. 75% of the proceeds of the Animal Sanctuary Lottery will go to Animal Sanctuary Lottery work with animals, shelters and sanctuaries.
8. Animal Sanctuary Lottery will confirm proof of receipt of entry by letter. If confirmation has not been received within 14 days of posting please contact Animal Sanctuary Lottery at the address below or by telephone on 07943 212448.
9. Each player must commit to play the Animal Sanctuary Lottery for a minimum period of one week at £1.00 per week.
10 . Payment for participation in the Animal Sanctuary Lottery can be made by direct debit through banks and building societies which operate in Great Britain. Or by cheque or credit card paid one month in advance.
11. Your Animal Sanctuary Lottery numbers will be entered into the draw within 1 month of your payment being cleared.
12. Where a player intends to pay and pays for a subscription by direct debit, the player must hold a UK bank account or a UK building society account out of which payment for the subscription shall be made.
14. Where a player intends to pay and pays for a subscription by debit card, the debit card details supplied must be those of a UK bank account or UK building society account in respect of which the player is an authorised user.
15. The card referred to in 10 and 14 above must not be nor have been reported as lost or stolen.
16. A subscription for a rolling term shall continue until terminated by the player, by giving of at least 4 weeks’ notice in writing of a player’s intention to withdraw from this scheme.
17. The player will be required to supply certain information to Animal Sanctuary Lottery during the subscription application process which will assist Animal Sanctuary Lottery
(i) in determining whether or not the player meets the criteria set out above and (ii) to verify the player’s eligibility to play the Animal Sanctuary Lottery . This information will include but will not be limited to the player’s name, address details, telephone numbers (landline or mobile), date of birth, gender, email address and payment details. Animal Sanctuary Lottery reserves the right to request an authentication agency to verify such information relating to the player.
If Animal Sanctuary Lottery is not satisfied that the information provided
(i) is adequate and/or
(ii) has been verified by Animal Sanctuary Lottery or any authentication agency, then Animal Sanctuary Lottery may refuse an application for a subscription in its absolute discretion.
18. A player’s number selection(s) contained in a subscription will not be entered into a Draw and the player shall not be entitled to any Prize for that Draw in respect of such selection(s) where the player’s payment, as the case may be, has not been received by Animal Sanctuary Lottery at least 48 hours before the relevant Draw.
19. A subscription of part thereof shall be void and shall not in any case entitle its holder to a prize if:
• Animal Sanctuary Lottery has not received the payment required by it for that subscription or the relevant part of the subscription by 48 hours before the date on which the subscription or the relevant part of the subscription would have, but for such non-payment, become a subscription or relevant part of the subscription containing numbers which match the winning numbers; or
• The subscription is to be paid for by direct debit or by debit card and the direct debit or debit card payment fails without Animal Sanctuary Lottery receiving by 48 hours before the date on which the subscription or relevant part of the subscription would have, but for such non-payment, become a subscription or relevant part of the subscription containing numbers which match the winning numbers, an amount (by another payment method) equivalent to the amount which Animal Sanctuary Lottery did not collect by reason of such failure.
20. Animal Sanctuary Lottery reserves the right to withhold payment of any prize or to cancel or suspend a player’s subscription if, prior to commencement of his subscription, the player did not meet the relevant criteria of 5, 10, 12 above.
21. A subscription shall commence on the date of the first draw recorded on the subscription confirmation.
22. Animal Sanctuary Lottery may, at its absolute discretion and on such terms as it sees fit and without specifying any reason, accept or reject any request from a player to Animal Sanctuary Lottery for Animal Sanctuary Lottery to cancel his or her subscription.
23. Animal Sanctuary Lottery at its absolute discretion and without specifying any reason, may cancel a subscription or may partially cancel a subscription by removing one or more plays from the subscription, with effect from the next draw(s) of the Animal Sanctuary Lottery to which that subscription relates, and:
• in the event of a cancellation of a subscription as a whole Animal Sanctuary Lottery only liability to the player shall be to repay to the player any monies previously paid in respect of that subscription for any draw or draws of the Animal Sanctuary Lottery to which the subscription relates occurring after such cancellation and to pay to the player any unpaid prizes due to him in respect of draws prior to such cancellation; or
• in the event of a partial cancellation of a subscription, Animal Sanctuary Lottery only liability to the player shall be to repay to the player any monies previously paid which are attributable to the Draw(s) of the Game(s) which has/have been removed from the subscription but only in respect of the Draw(s) occurring after such partial cancellation and to pay to the player any unpaid prizes due to him in respect of draws of the game(s) which has/have been removed from the subscription prior to such cancellation.
24. The promoter accepts no responsibility if a standing order or direct debit is cancelled in error.
25. No responsibility is taken for application forms lost, delayed or damaged in the post and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
26. The Animal Sanctuary Lottery draw takes place every Thursday. Three numbers will be drawn randomly by computer and the first number will be allocated 60% of the weekly prize fund. The second number drawn will be allocated 25% of the weekly prize fund and the third number drawn will be allocated 15% of the weekly prize fund.
27. Animal Sanctuary Lottery number card supplied by Animal Sanctuary Lottery is not proof of entry into the draw, nor ownership of the Animal Sanctuary Lottery numbers.
28. The result of each draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into but in the event of a complaint please contact Julian Nicholson, our complaints coordinator
29. Winners will be notified by Email. Players are responsible for notifying Animal Sanctuary Lottery of any changes to addresses. If Animal Sanctuary Lottery has your bank details a bank transfer will be made to your account. .
30. A list of winners is published on the Animal Sanctuary Lottery website each week.
31. The promoter reserves the right to delay the Thursday draw if it falls on a public holiday or the registered office is closed. The draw will take place on the next Animal Sanctuary Lottery working day.
32. For a list of past winners send a SAE to the address below specifying which week’s results are desired.
33. Animal Sanctuary Lottery reserves the right to stop the Animal Sanctuary Lottery by giving one month’s written notice to all registered players.
34. The Animal Sanctuary Lottery is registered with the Gambling Commission under the Lotteries and the Law (Gambling Act 2005). Please refer to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk for terms.
Official Promoter: Jacobs Ridge CIC, 27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX UK.
Operating reference SSL-REG/1236 – London Borough of Camden